The two diets I found the most enticing were Keto and Vegan. I think you may have come across these too. But what’s the difference between them and which one is better? Let’s explore the benefits of the Keto and vegan diets to see which one should be the preferred choice.
What Are The Benefits Of Keto Diets?
There are several proven benefits of Keto, including:
– Reduced blood sugar level in diabetes patients
– Support weight loss by suppressing appetite, helping you look and feel good
– Strengthens brains and nerve cells
– Increases levels of good HDL, lowering the risk of heart disease
What Are The Benefits Of Vegan Diets?
People are shifting to Vegan diet due to the array of benefits it offers, including:
– Provides certain essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins and magnesium
– Reduces risk of cancer due to increased consumption of legumes and fruits
– Lowers blood glucose level, enhancing kidney functions
– Alleviates the risk of heart diseases
How Are Both Diets Similar?
Keto has no specific restriction like a vegan diet, but there are several key similarities between the two:
– Both of these diets focus on eating whole foods like vegetables. However, you have to limit starchy vegetable intake in a Keto diet.
– Both diets encourage using healthy fats. Fats are the main macros in a Keto diet, while you can obtain fat from olives in a vegan diet.
Which One Is Healthier?
Both diets are healthier for your body as they focus on avoiding processed food and regulating your sugar levels. Moreover, heart diseases can also reduce by eating whole foods.
However, if you do not find the right alternative to dairy and poultry in a vegan diet, you can develop various deficiencies, such as iron deficiency. Moreover, going vegan doesn’t mean you avoid plant-based junk foods
With a Keto diet, there’s a chance of several deficiencies and disorders too. Plus there’s a high risk of increasing cholesterol.
Which One Is Best for Weight Loss?
According to a recent NIH study, respondents lose more weight in vegan diets, but saw a hike in their glucose levels. Similarly, studies show that you can lose weight with Keto too.
Therefore, the best solution is to go with a sustainable diet, which you can practice long-term. Many people who don’t continue their Keto diet start gaining weight again. However, the keto diet can be useful when trying to lose a large amount of weight in a shorter period of time.
The Keto and vegan diets have several benefits. But the trick with both is to manage your consumption.
Do not look for instant results, stick to the diet, and you’ll be good to go. If you want to learn more about diet and lifestyle, check out our website at Healthwise.